Chad and I had a funny conversation last night. I was telling him about thrilled I am that Parker was so easy to potty-train. See, Parker is a very focused person when he is working on a project. If, for example, he is playing trains and I ask him a question or ask him to do something, he tells me, "Let me put the train in the station first." Then, he completely ignores me until he has gotten the train pulled into the station. Basically, I was worried when we started potty-training that he would get so focused on something that he would have an accident. But, he never has (besides the initial first few days of accidents when he was learning). So, I'm telling Chad this and he starts saying, "Oh yea, Parker's not a multi-tasker; when he's focused on doing something, he ignores everything else going on around him." I was like, "Wow, does that sound like anyone else we know?", as Chad is EXACTLY like that when he is concentrating on something. It was pretty funny. Parker definitely takes after Chad in personality, and it's becoming more apparent the older he gets.
The rain has finally stopped around here... it had pretty much been going non-stop since Thursday night. Even though the park was very wet, I still took Parker there this morning while Brandon was in school... I just felt the need to be outdoors. As much as I love autumn in New England, I'm just dreading the winter arriving again! I think because last winter was so long and cold and snowy, I'm feeling a bit gun-shy. I guess it doesn't matter how I feel about it though because winter is on its way, like it or not!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment