Parker, my champ, dropped a deuce in the potty today. I couldn't be more proud. I've still got my fingers crossed, but it sure seems like both my guys really took to this whole potty-training thing easily. In celebration, Parker (and Brandon for all his support and encouragement) got lollipops, which is pretty exciting stuff for them. In other news, Brandon has his 4-year check-up today, where both boys scored yet another lollipop following Brandon's shots. You may be thinking, is this the Beth we all know and love, giving her children multiple treats in one day? It's me; we just coincidentally had several lollipop-deserving occasions fall on the same day. I had two lollipops, too because that's just how I roll.
So, a few weeks ago I wrote about my startling realization that I'm still wearing some of the same outfits I was approximately 9 years ago. Today, I am able to one-up even myself. I realized while cycling this morning that the black leggings I was wearing under my cycling shorts were the same ones that I got during my first year of track as a sophomore in high school. Yep, 19 years later, those leggings are still going strong. Perhaps a bit thinning if you look closely. You can even see on the right knee where I was once took a fall while running hurdles. I may think about a new pair in another 5 or 10 years, depending on how technology develops in the legging industry.
My ride this morning was chiiiilly. I think it was 37 degrees when I left the house, and I waited until 6:20am, when it was just starting to get light outside. I actually felt warm on the first 3/4 of the ride because most of it was uphill and the old blood was pumping, but the last 5 miles or so were mostly downhill and freezing!! I had such a chill when I got home, even after a hot shower. Perhaps the 19-year-old leggings aren't providing much warmth anymore.
This is a great week for us, as Chad is taking off both Thursday and Friday to do some family time and celebrate my birthday. Whohoo! I am totally loving the fact that after 8 or 9 months of crazy hours, he actually has a bit of breathing room at work right now. Hopefully, it will last through the rest of the year because who wants to be working mad hours during the holidays.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Haley has her 4 year check up today too.
Post a Comment