I spent a good 2.5 hours this afternoon scraping the wallpaper border off of Parker's walls. Ugh. It was just like when you are trying to peel a particularly stubborn price tag off of something, and you keep getting little pieces of each layer. It was that on a much grander scale. I am proud to say though that we are now in a wallpaper free house, and Parker's room is ready to be re-painted. Unfortunately, we are supposed to get heavy rain with gusty winds starting at midnight tonight and continuing through Sunday morning. So, not a great time to paint this weekend.
Chad had today off, so we had a really nice morning. We took the boy's bikes over to a local park that has a large paved area and some paved trails that are perfect for young riders. They were so cute - they had a blast riding around together!! I was really, really amazed at how comfortable and adept they both were on bikes - big change since the beginning of the summer when I think Parker just scooted around with his feet instead of actually pedaling. So, that was great fun, and then we followed that up by grabbing some pizza and walking around some stores, window shopping and chatting. Just a very nice and relaxed family morning. I think we are all confused about the days though. Chad and I were making all these plans for tomorrow and Brandon was like, "I have school in the morning." Oh, that's right! We totally forgot, but hopefully, we'll have it a little more together in the morning.
So, I came to a decision as I was riding my bike this morning, freezing my butt off in the 30-something degree temperatures... I'm just going to suck it up and join the gym in October. I was trying to hold off one more month, but really, I'm just being stubborn. If I wait to join, I have to do my swims in a high school pool that only offers open swim between 8:30pm and 9:30pm at night - not exactly prime time for working out, since I typically go to bed around 9:30pm! Plus, I would really have to invest in warmer cycling clothes and a light for my bike pronto. So, I think I'm going to sign up next week at the gym and then just try to ride outside on the weekend afternoons, when hopefully it will be a bit warmer. Yes, I feel good about this decision.
A big shout-out to my friend Sheri-Lynne - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment