Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Living the Dream

Yep, I'm living the dream of a diaper-free household. Parker hasn't had any accidents so far today (and we only have around 4 hours to go until bathtime). He doesn't seem to have any trouble with peeing in the potty, but we haven't successfully mastered the potentially more important poop in the potty. Still, he did seem grossed out yesterday when he pooped his pants, so let's hope that helps. Oh, and uh, I may have accidentally flushed a pair of his undies down the toilet on Sunday. I was in the middle of removing the wallpaper border from his room (a spray bottle of half hot water, half fabric softener works wonders), when he had an accident. So, I'm sort of distracted and trying to clean him up and trying to start a bath and trying to rinse out his dirty undies in the toilet... and well, when I flushed, the turbo jet power of our toilet snatched those undies right from my hands and down they went. Those undies went through alot with potty-training Brandon and now working with Parker... and to not even get a proper burial, just a hasty flush down the toilet. Well, it brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Chad chose to focus on the possible harm to our sewer system that the undies could cause, but me, I linger on the loss of the undies themselves. So long, old friend. We hardly knew ya, except when soaked in toddler pee and poo.

Errr. Okay. May have gotten distracted there. Anyhoo, in a surprising development, Chad just walked in the door!! Whohoo!! Of course, he still has to do some work, but what a treat to have him around on a weekday. I think he wanted to be around in case Parker wasn't feeling well, which he wasn't yesterday. Kids are so resilient though, as Parker seems to be just fine today. Yesterday morning, Parker seemed a bit cranky, but nothing too unusual. We dropped Brandon off and school and then went to meet some friends for a little hike. Well, Parker wouldn't do any walking, just wanted me to carry him the whole time, which is very unusual for him. He actually fell asleep with me carrying him and didn't wake up until it was time to go get Brandon. By the time we finished lunch, he had a fever and was very lethargic. But, today, he's good as new! Don't know what that was yesterday, but I'm glad it passed fast!

P.S. My kids are, for some unknown reason, running around the house completely naked right now. It's pretty hilarious. Gotta go wrestle some clothes on them - it's not that warm today!

No comments: