It's Chad's second day back at work after our big week together. The kids and I actually got back in the groove quite quickly... we miss Chad, but I feel so rejuvenated after all the time with him, that I'm actually fine with being alone with the kids again. As opposed to before his vacation, when he had just gotten back from being in Washington DC all week, and I was like, "I need a few hours away from our children!!" That's the thing about being a stay-at-home Mom... no vacation days, no sick days! Anyway, we've been having a fun week, catching up with the friends that we didn't see last week. Yesterday, we went to the zoo with Sheri-Lynne and her younger kids, and today we met Jen and her kids at the park to play and have a picnic lunch. Just nice relaxing days. The kids are just so darn EASY now as compared to last summer! When we are at a park, I can pretty much just watch them from afar and chat with my friends... such a treat after years of never being able to have a complete conversation with anyone.
I've got a race on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that. Still debating if I should do one more race after that or not. I'm starting to lose my intensity a bit in my workouts, so I think it's a good thing that the racing season is coming to a close. But, it's still tempting to try to fit one more race in before the long winter arrives...
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment