Friday, September 5, 2008

Indian Summer

On Monday, I finally removed the bandages from my broken toe on my left foot - it had been 2 months of keeping it wrapped, and it finally felt good enough to go commando. And then I just stubbed it again. ARRRG! Not only did it hurt, but now the toe is all sensitive again. I think I may have just set back my recovery efforts. In other health updates, my eyesight seems to be recovered from whatever the heck I did a few weeks ago to it. I can read books and magazines without discomfort now, although I still have to limit my computer time (or put on my glasses). For a while there, I was wearing my glasses all but a few hours of the day. Which for me is pure insanity, as I HATE glasses. Luckily, I did get new frames about two years ago, upgrading from my Converse brand ones. Because my head is so small that I usually end up with children's glasses. For real, before the Converse ones, I had Crayola Kids brand. Much cheaper than adult glasses though, so I had that going for me.

It is H-O-T, hot here the last couple days. It was in the mid-90's yesterday. On principal, I refused to turn on the air-conditioning in September, even though our house did get up to 85 degrees by dinnertime last night. Don't know quite what I was thinking there. We got back from the park around 12:30pm today, and it was already up to 82 in the house, so I gave in and put on the AC. We are supposed to get the remnants of Hanna tomorrow, but hopefully the worst of the rain is gone by my race on Sunday! I actually don't care about racing in the rain so much, but it wouldn't be much fun for Chad and the kids.

We met a bunch of friends at the park today - it was a really nice time. The boys, however, got incredibly filthy. Nothing new there, but for some reason, it was particularly bad today... I guess because they spent alot of time in the sandbox, making "birthday cakes" in buckets. I gave them a bath as soon as we got home, and the water was brown about two minutes in. Gross!

And on that note, I leave you.

No comments: