I had a great birthday yesterday. We didn't do anything too crazy, but it was just nice to hang out with my three guys all day. The highlight was that we all went out for Indian for dinner, where I set new land - speed records for how much Indian food one woman can consume in a sitting. I chowed, and then I came home and had my second helping of cake for the day. Because, hey, it's my birthday. Anyway, Chad and the boys really made it a special day for me.
I made up for yesterday's gluttony today by running in the reebok 10k race. It didn't actually rain at all during the race, but I think because the weather looked so dicey, the numbers were down. There were only 55 people in my race. That being said, I did come in 3rd woman overall and 2nd in the under 39 age group. So, that was cool. I averaged 6:59 second miles - whohoo, broke that 7 minute barrier! Boy, was I tired afterward though! The final 1/4 mile of the race is all uphill, and I was really struggling. I think an effort like that deserves some birthday cake, don't you?
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you had a great day!
Post a Comment