It was supposed to rain for much of today, but you know what? It hasn't rained once all day. I'm glad because I hate being stuck indoors in the summer. We met Jen and her kids at the park today and then went back to their house for lunch. It was fun - the kids always get along well. One not so great moment was when Parker stepped in dog poop (there's my daily poop reference!) at the park. Who doesn't clean up after their dog in the kids playground??? The only way I even noticed was that Parker crawled on my lap, and I was like, "what's that smear on my leg?" Uh, yea. Luckily, I had some wipes with me, and Jen had some hand sanitizer and between all that we got it cleaned up. Not cool though.
Parker took a nice long nap yesterday, and because Chad was working at home, I got to sneak out with just Brandon for a while. I took him to ride his bike around the neighborhood. It was a treat to just have Brandon to myself for a while - that rarely happens anymore. I always feel this closeness to Brandon - I just get him. I almost always understand what he's feeling because our personalities are so similar. Parker is more of a mystery to me - I don't always understand his motivations the way I seem to for Brandon. Obviously, I adore them both, but I definitely think I understand Brandon better.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment