I am in the midst of an expected bounty of swimsuits. It really is so exciting and quite a turnaround. In the last two weeks, I have found 2 swimsuits that fit me. That in and of itself would be remarkable, but there is more, my friends. Each of these suits, bought on different days in different stores, cost $12. Today, we hit a sporting goods store because Chad wanted a frisbee... I happened to wander through the swimsuit area and saw one on sale for $36. But, low and behold, when I got to checkout, it rang up as only $12!! I now have two recreational/pool swimsuits and two suits that are perfect for training swims. I'm still on a high.
It's been a nice week - flew by, too. Yesterday, we went to Jen's in the morning to swim in her pool, and then we stayed for lunch and to play. By the time we got home, it was almost 2pm, and we had plans to be at another friend's at 3pm! It was quite a whirlwind day for us. Chad was able to get off work a little bit early, so we went right from there to the train station to pick him up. This whole kids not napping thing has its pros and cons, but the great thing is that if you are out somewhere and enjoying yourself, you can just stay out. No need to rush home for naps.
So, I had a fun workout this morning. I went and rode / run the courses for my next triathlon. I'm so excited to finally have a race nearby so that I'm actually familiar with the area. I feel like I'll be so well prepared for this next race. I'm going to try to do the bike / run portions again next weekend, so that when the race comes in two weeks, I'll be an old pro. I'm also looking into getting a wetsuit (used), and it would be kind of sweet to have it in time for this next race. Supposedly, it will knock a couple minutes off my time just by giving me extra buoyancy and support. I can't believe I only have two races left this season! I'm getting tempted to try to fit in a third one in September...
I hope my nieces are having a great time at their My Little Pony-themed birthday party today!!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment