So, my boys refuse to nap. That's fine, as the silver lining is that they fall right asleep by 7pm. Yesterday, after their quiet time, we went to the Costco - I was out of spinach ravioli!! and goldfish!! the horror!! It is, perhaps, a 15 minute drive. Brandon fell asleep on the way there. Parker fell asleep on the way home. It cracks me up because they refuse to take a nap in their cool and comfy beds, but put them in the car and they immediately pass out. Kids are so stubborn.
This morning we went to the pond with Trish and her girls, and Parker was on the verge of sleep on the way home. Every time his eyes started to close, I'd be like, "Hey Parker! We are coming up on the train station!" I managed to keep him awake, but barely. Do you think he has napped today? No, my friends. What he has done, however, is get himself stuck in his laundry hamper. Yep. I heard him crying and went to check on him and he was stuck in there. With a blow-out poop that necessitated an immediate bath. Classic. You just gotta laugh.
It's been really hot here lately, which I guess is not unusual since it is July. Anyway, we've been trying to be in the pool or pond or whatever as often as possible. I swam with my friend Jen this morning at 6am, and it was nice and cool then. The water was perfect - what a great way to start the day. And as for that July triathlon, now I'm leaning towards doing it. I'm not usually indecisive, but I just can't seem to make up my mind on this race. Think I'm going to do it.
As we all know, I am not the praying kind. But, I do believe in the human spirit and a link between all of us. My sister-in-law Kelly (the younger) is one of my favorite people in the world, and I've always found her Mom, Karen, to be incredibly kind, generous and warm-hearted. She's a person that other people feel good around. I am sending all my positive energy towards Karen right now.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Beth. My mom is sitting here with me right now, and she says "thanks" as well.
Post a Comment