So, I've been trying to adapt to this whole new lifestyle change where I have no nappers left in the family. You gotta figure that for the last four years, one or both of my children has napped for much of the afternoon. My days have had this rhythm, where we would go out and do a big morning activity and then come home for lunch and naps. Then, by the time both boys were awake in the afternoon, we would just play outside for a while or read books until time for me to start dinner. Occasionally, they would both wake up early enough that we could do something more ambitious in the afternoon. Now, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that even after quiet time in their rooms, both boys are still up and around by 2:30pm or 3pm. All of a sudden, I have to come up with an activity every afternoon, too! I've already made plans for three of the afternoons this week, including plans to go to a friend's today and play. Well, wouldn't you know it, Parker is asleep up in his room! I swear that if we didn't have any plans, he would be wide awake and driving me crazy! I don't know how they do that, but it seems like every time one of those kids takes a long nap, it's on a day when we actually have somewhere we are supposed to be. I think I should just start making plans for every afternoon and see if by reverse psychology, one of them ends up napping every day.
I did a big old 7.5 mile run this morning - a bit longer than my norm. It was fun - actually felt really good. Although my legs were definitely tired for an hour or so after I got home. I keep toying with this notion of trying an Olympic-length triathlon, which is basically double what I do now, but I just don't see how I could find time to train any more than I already do. I'm sure I could go out and complete an Olympic length right now, but it would be a long haul. Plus, I know I'm good at the sprint distance. Anyway, I'm still thinking that I'll give the longer distance a try next June for my second race of the year. For a hobby, I sure do invest alot of time and thought into this whole triathlon thing! I'm pretty obsessed, it's safe to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment