Monday, July 14, 2008
Chillin'
Just enjoying a quiet Monday. I find that I'm always kind of chill on Mondays... the kids and I usually need a day of not doing too much to recover from all the weekend excitement. This morning, we just went to the library for new books and then walked around town, running errands and taking in the sights - the kids were especially fascinated by a backhoe loader working right beside the post office. We went to the post office to mail birthday gifts to my sweet nieces Haley and Morgan. I had a hilarious time shopping for them, although it's probably not that funny in the re-telling. Basically, I wanted to get them some more My Little Ponies, because apparently they are WAY into them. Not knowing which ones they already had, I called my brother, who also had no clue, and then my sister-in-law, who knew exactly which ones they had, from my cell phone in the toy store. But, I couldn't get service in the store, so I kept having to run out and call Kelly back. I ended up just writing down a list of all the ponies that the toy store had, then running out of the store to call back Kelly and go over them, and then running back in to make my purchases. It was a lot of running in and out of the store by the time all was said and done, and I'm sure I looked like a crazy person, as I was cracking up the whole time. Thank goodness the boys weren't with me. Anyway, those ponies are out there... I mean, what kind of names are Flower Garland and Daybreak. Actually, those two aren't so bad, but I also saw ones like Scootaloo, Toola-Roola and Pinkie Pie. Huh? I'm sure if you have girls you get pretty into this whole princess / pony thing. For me, it's like a foreign world. I do love me some trains, fire engines, and construction trucks though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was hoping you'd find ponies like "Nuclear Fall-out" and "Acid Reign"
Post a Comment