Saturday, July 12, 2008

saturday

I love Saturdays. Typically, I sleep in as long as the boys will let me and then either try to drag myself away and work out then, or wait until their quiet time and duck out. Today, I tried a different approach and actually set my alarm clock for 6:15am... that way, I got to sleep in a little bit, but I was still finished by a little after 8am. I did a 25-mile bike ride this morning, followed by a 2.5 mile run. I was really surprised by how great I felt the whole time. The bike ride was fun because I went through the course for my August triathlon, and then my legs still felt surprisingly fresh for the run. Definitely makes me think about doing an Olympic length triathlon next spring.

After my work out, we headed out to a local state park to do some hiking. Parker was pretty pooped right from the get-go, so Chad ended up carrying him for about half the time. Brandon powered through the whole thing though. I mentioned in the car that we had walked for about an hour, and Brandon said, "I'll have to put my workout in the computer when we get home." Hah! Guess he hears me saying that every morning. On the way home, we stopped by a park for a few minutes and saw some bits and pieces of a local softball tournament. Hence, Brandon is right now playing softball in his room for his quiet time... it seems to involve him wearing his baseball hat and glove, sunglasses and throwing a tennis ball out of the glove hand. I tell him that the glove is actually for catching the ball, not throwing, but he doesn't think that is as much fun.

I'm going to go lay on the couch and read now - my favorite!

No comments: