It has been hot and sunny here this week - whohoo!! We have been to the pool a whopping five days in a row now! I'm trying to get some use of it before summer ends. The boys are really enjoying being in the pool, and I'm definitely noticing big improvements in their confidence in the water. This morning, we went swimming, ate lunch and then went out for ice cream... there is a place near us with homemade ice cream, and it is one of the few spots where I can get my favorite flavor, peppermint. So, I was a happy camper. What a lovely summer day. I also had a fun workout this morning... biked to this gorgeous pond that is about 16 miles away, swam for a mile or so, and then biked home. I really enjoyed it, although next time I would take some more food because I was really hungry during the swim. I taped a energy gel to my frame for the bike ride home, but I guess I also need something before I start the swim. I get hungry so quickly. This is why I am pretty certain that I could never participate in the show, "Survivor". After a few hours without food, I would either pass out or turn into the scariest bitch ever. Actually, that could make for good TV... remind me to mention that, should I ever want to do an audition tape for reality tv.
So, nothing much new here, just going to the pool all the time! Oh, and I also went out for dinner on Monday night (with Trish) AND again on Thursday night (with various friends here in town) - go me! Out two nights in the same week! That's just how I roll, folks.
Going to read now - in the middle of "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett - love it. It's calling my name. Just finished Roxana Robinson's "Cost", which was sort of a downer but well-written. Not a beach read, unless you want to lay on the beach, reading about a young man with a heroin addiction and its effect on his mother.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment