Monday, July 27, 2009

Great Weekend!






















We had such a great weekend - lots of good times to celebrate having Chad back from his business trip! We picked him up Friday late afternoon and let the boys stay up late that night catching up with him. Not that we had any choice because they just had to show Chad everything he missed from the week... every new library book, every picture drawn, every puzzle completed. They were so excited to have their Daddy home.


The next morning we headed to one of the Boston Harbor Islands, but one that you can actually drive to, to play. We took soccer balls, frisbees, and the kid's bikes and had so much fun running and enjoying the gorgeous views of the city and the harbor. Finally, we are having some glorious summer weather.


The next morning, we went to the beach! There are a lot of really nice beaches within an hour's drive of us, and I am so thrilled that the boys are old enough to enjoy days at the beach now. Parker seemed a bit freaked out by the waves at first... we haven't been to the shore since last summer, so he was a bit thrown off his game when he was just standing on the sand and the undertow would start collapsing the ground under his feet. But, once he got used to it, he had a blast! Both of the boys loved playing in the water so much. Chad and I took turns doing some swimming... I swam for about 20 minutes and felt like I was barely moving - very disconcerting. After that, I got out and ran 4 or 5 miles along the shore - loved it, loved it - felt like I could have kept going all day. If there's one good thing about triathlons, you learn to be comfortable running around in a bathing suit. Anyway, we stayed at the beach for about 5 hours until the boys started to lose some momentum. Good thing we left when we did, as I never re-applied my sunscreen, and my back was starting to get a bit toasty. I'm usually so darn on top of sunscreen, but I just got caught up in the day. Good lesson to learn before we go to Cape Cod! Always reapply sunscreen.

Quick note on the photos... top 3 are from the Harbor Islands, then a bunch from yesterday at the beach, and the last 2 are from a trip the boys and I took into the city a few weeks back... riding on the swan boats and playing on the "Make Way for Ducklings" statue. Everytime I download photos on my camera, I always find ones that I forgot I took!

No comments: