Saturday, August 22, 2009

Brandon Swims!

As predicted, it didn't take long for Brandon to start swimming, once he saw that Parker was. Brandon was swimming up a storm at the pool today and diving for diving sticks and just in general loving having his head under water. Flash back to the beginning of the summer when he would barely get his face wet! The change in comfort level of these boys in water this summer has been amazing. Every time I take them swimming, they do something new! Chad and I were both up there this afternoon with the boys, and they were having a blast. They love to go under water and look at each other and pick up toys from the bottom. We actually had to drag Brandon out of there... again, very different than how he felt a couple months ago! I'm so pleased that they are starting to enjoy the water as much as I do... swimming at the pool in the summer, pretty much on a daily basis, was an integral part of my childhood.

We were hoping to get to the beach tomorrow, but what with Hurricane Bill sending some large waves our way, I don't think it's going to happen. Got to enjoy all this hot, humid weather while we can!

No comments: