Finally, we are having hot, humid summer weather! 4 days in a row now where it has gotten to the 90's out here in the 'burbs. Of course, with the humidity, it feels like it's in the 100's, but I am not complaining! Our AC and sprinkler system have finally been put to use, and we are getting lots of use out of the pool. We went there this morning with Diane and her boys, and Brandon and Parker spent almost the entire time in the water playing... as opposed to last month, when even on warm days the water temp was still around 70, and I couldn't drag the boys past the pool steps for more than a minute or two. Now, they're putting their heads under water, are jumping in from the sides and are having races in innertubes. Just like the summer I always dreamed of.
I've been doing some work this week for the old moms club... I'm happily no longer president, but I'm coordinating all the advertising for the newsletter now. I have to say that although I'm not a big fan of calling up companies and discussing ads and circulation and such, I'm really enjoying using my brain again after taking much of the summer off! Feels like it's been a busy week so far with the ad stuff, running post-vacation errands, and trying to meet up with all our friends again after the week away. Plus, Chad is working some insane hours this week, trying to catch up. I personally feel that there's something awry when you can't have a week's vacation without having to come home and work 12-15 hour days and weekends to catch up. But, that's just me - I'm a stickler for work/life balance. And thank goodness the boys are old enough now where it's not so difficult to spend time taking care of them solo.
Okay, there's no real "meat" to this blog, just kind of me going blah-blah-blah. So, I'll go now and make some smoothies to get the boys and I through this hot and wonderful afternoon!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was so excited to hear about how Parker started swimming. That is truly amazing!
Mom
Post a Comment