We arrived at the pond this morning... Parker couldn't swim. By the time we left, he could. Whaat? It was hot and sunny again today, so we met a few friends and their kids at a pond to swim and keep cool. Parker was on his stomach, sort of crawling with his hands in a shallow area of the water, and then he started moving towards me in the deeper section. When he couldn't touch bottom anymore with his hands, he put in head underwater and swam right to me!! It was so exciting!! My friend Diane was maybe 12feet away from me, so he spent the next 45 minutes or so just swimming back and forth between us. He was even pulling his head up, taking a breath, and putting it back under to swim some more! I was truly amazed and so proud. What a beautiful thing, to see your child accomplish something new like that. And once Brandon saw what Parker was doing, he started practicing his swimming, too. Bran puts his face in the water and kind of pushes for a second, but then he pops up... he's not quite the natural that Parker is. Actually, it's probably more accurate to say that he's just not as fearless in personality as Parker is. But, I bet if he continues to see his younger brother swimming around, he'll pick it up pretty quick! I really think the fact that we've been in some body of water almost daily for the past couple of weeks is paying off.
Funny story from my bike ride this morning... It's a beautiful morning, the sun is just coming up, and I'm about 15 miles into my ride. Suddenly, a bee flies into one of the little holes on the top of my helmet! And it can't get back out! It's moving around in my hair and buzzing super loud, and I just sort of hope for a second that it will fly right back out. Nope. I pulled over and pretty much tore off my helmet so that sucker could fly away. What a strange occurrence! Gave me a little extra adrenalin for the rest of my ride, though!
I'm going out for a bit tonight to meet Sheri-Lynne for coffee (that is, if either of us actually drank coffee... more likely, we'll just take up a table and not really order much of anything.) Anyhoo, she's been out of town for the past couple weeks, so I'm very excited to see her and catch up on her trip to her homeland, 'O Canada. It's been a few weeks since I've had an evening out... don't worry folks, still guaranteed that I'll be home in bed by 9:30pm!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...Go Parker!
Post a Comment