I know I haven't posted in forever - Chad even sent me an email asking when I was going to update. That says something because he doesn't check the site that often. See, here's the thing... my usual excuse... I got 4 books at the library on Friday, and that's been it for me. I just read, read, read every spare minute I can find. I'm an addict. Sometimes I actually avoid the adult section of the library so that I won't end up getting sucked into borrowing 4 books and ignoring all else until they are finished. The other downside to my reading frenzy is that I read books so darn fast that I can't remember many of them even a few months later. I read two books over Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and I'm having a hard time remembering right now what the second one was, even though I haven't even returned it yet. Whatever, I guess there are worse bad habits to have.
Mom arrives tomorrow evening for her annual visit - can't wait. I just wish a magic fairy would appear between now and then and do some serious picking-up and cleaning. What, no magic fairy?? Guess I better get crackin' soon then. I'm thinking that tomorrow afternoon the boys may get some extra TV time, while I try to make this place presentable. The good news is that the guest towels and sheets are all clean, and the refridgerator is very full... so I got that going for me.
I have been feeling very worn out the last couple months. I think I might have overdone my training this winter because I just feel exhausted and unmotivated alot lately. Anyhoo, my first race of the season is Sunday, so I'm hoping that will get me excited again. I'm going to have to go super fast just to warm up after the frigid swim to start the race! Is it a bad sign when the race director sends out an email, suggesting that multiple swim caps might help keep you warmer in the water? The forecast has been all over the place for this weekend, but now it's looking decent again. Hopefully, it will be a nice day for spectators, since I'll have Mom & Ken, in addition to Chad and the kids. My own cheering section!
Must go read. Must go read.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment