Can't believe that I forgot to write this a couple weeks ago, but I recently donated and sold pretty much all my baby gear & clothing!! It's official that we are a very happy family of four and will not be growing any larger. It was a pain to go through all that baby stuff and figure out what to give away and what to try to sell, but I'm glad I did it. It's nice to know that that stuff isn't just sitting, useless, up in our attic. Anyhoo, I got a cool $100 from it, plus the satisfaction of knowing that I helped a bunch of needy families in the area.
Chad and I parlayed that sweet $100 into a night on the town Saturday. I babysat for Sheri-Lynne on Friday night and in return, she babysat for us on Saturday. Chad and I took the train into the city, ate at a nice french restaurant (seriously, they even had frog legs on the menu) and then walked around until it was time to catch the train back. It was fun to be back in the city and trying a new restaurant. My trout was delicious and then we split a creme brulee as dessert. Luckily, I was able to work it off the next day by putting in 41 pretty fast miles on the bike. I thought that was pretty sweet until I talked to Ryan and learned that he won a 106-mile race on Saturday!! Go Ryan! I'm impressed. I'm impressed that anyone can ride 100-plus miles, let alone do it fast enough to win a race.
Oh, I also did my first outdoor swim on Saturday, and it was GREAT! It was a beautiful morning - absolutely no one else was at the lake - and the water wasn't even that cold, at least with a wetsuit. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to get back out there. This morning it was 37 degrees when I headed out on my bike, so I'm glad that I hadn't booked a swim for today! It's supposed to get really hot later this week though.
The boys are loving their swim lessons, and I'm so impressed with how much they are learning. I just signed them up for the next session, and I'm just going to keep enrolling them as long as I can... I just think it's so important that they learn to swim. Hope they love the water as much as I do. Anyhoo, after the lessons, we met a bunch of friends at a horse farm - hence, the picture above. They had a bouncy house, a bunch of barnyard animals, and of course, the pony rides. The kids loved it.
One other note and then I gotta wrap this sucker up. We had P's three year check-up yesterday. Can't believe how much he's grown! He's pulled to within 1/4 of an inch of Brandon's height at three years, which is pretty cool considering that P started out 2 inches shorter when he was born. He's catching up! So anyway, anyone who knows my peanut knows that he is a huge drooly-bird - always has been. He also sounds continuously stuffed up and snores sometimes at night. The doctor recommended an X-ray of his adenoids to see if they are enlarged. Not sure where that will lead, but I'm going to get the X-ray done this week and see what's what.
No comments:
Post a Comment