Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Current Temperature: 96 degrees

Boy, this would be a hot day in July, let alone in April. It's currently 101 degrees on our back deck, so I'm opting to not hang out there much today. I have to say, I am loving the hot weather - love wearing skirts again, love not having to bundle up to exercise in the morning, love putting lots of ice in my water, love how the grill heats up in just minutes. The boys had swim lessons this morning, and instead of getting them all dressed and then changing in the locker room there, I just put their suits on them for the ride over. So much easier! And since we went to a friends house to play in the sprinkler this morning, I just left them in their swimsuits when they got out of the pool. Add a little sunscreen, and we were good to go!

After playing in our friends backyard all morning, the boys and I grabbed some pizza and then went to the grocery. I was basically re-creating the awesome Wednesday I had last week... I just love days when we leave early, are gone for 5 or so hours, and then by the time we get home and start quiet time, the day's pretty much done. By the time the boys come down, I'll just give them some fruit to snack on and then we'll go meet Chad's train. I also find that I am super lazy in the afternoon, so if I don't get to the grocery while we are already out, I just won't end up going. So much easier to play in the backyard then to actually get everyone in the car again.

I am now going to put together some chimichangas so that I have something to serve this family when we get back from the train station. Adios.

No comments: