I don't know what it is with me, but I am totally unmotivated to update my blog or check Facebook lately. I just feel like I always have a billion other things to do... keeping up with the news, reading books & magazines, projects around the house or for the kids, catching up on shows... like I just finished watching Friday Night Lights. I adore that show - love it, love it, love it. One of my favorites, all time. And, lately I've been doing a bunch of stuff to get ready for Easter and Parker's birthday - whohoo! Anyway, I did actually get on Facebook today because I got an email from one of my closest friends from college, who I haven't talked to basically since graduation! I don't know how we lost touch, but it was really nice to hear from her.
We had a fun weekend. Saturday was just sort of chill - Chad played frisbee golf in the morning with friends, and then I rode my bike for a couple hours in the afternoon... so we were just kind of playing with the kids at home most of the day. That was really Brandon's decision actually. I was going to take them out during the morning while Chad was gone, but Brandon informed me that he wanted to stay in his pj's all day and play. So, that's what we did. I like days like that on occasion, especially since I got to duck out on my bike for a while. Oh boy, it was not a nice weather day though - low 50's, so not too cold, but off and on showers and crazy sustained winds, gusting to 35mph. Interesting conditions on the bike, as the wind would literally push my bike on the road. Still, it was such a treat just to be outside on my bike and not in the gym.
Sunday, it was still very cloudy and windy in the morning, but we all went for a hike anyway. The kids did great - they actually ran the trails for about the first 30 minutes. Maybe because it was so chilly! But, the sun came out later and so I headed out on my bike again for an hour ride, plus a few miles running after that. It was the first outdoor BRICK (combined bike & run workout) I've done since the fall, and it was fairly painful! It took a while for my legs to loosen up during the run. Still, I think if I do a few more before my next race in May, I'll be in pretty good form.
Sunday afternoon, Brandon had not one, but two birthday parties. I swear, he was still on a sugar high when he woke up this morning, after having two helpings of cake, ice cream and juice at the two parties. Plus, he came home with so much stuff!! His goodie bags were chock full. Probably the big hit of the goody bags was a whoopie cushion. Seriously, he got a whoopie cushion, and he and Parker LOVE that thing! Parker laughs so hard when he sees it just laying on the chair that he can barely control himself long enough to sit on it! Hilarious. I'm so glad that we've entered the era of the fart jokes. What else do I expect with two boys in the house? Chad ferried Brandon around to the parties (one was a backyard party and one was mini-golf), while Parker and I stayed home and played in the backyard all afternoon. I had fun with Parker, but I felt totally wind-burnt when we came in. It was so darn windy all weekend! If you didn't know, wind is my very least favorite element... I'd rather run or bike in the pouring rain than on a windy day. Guess the Boston area is not a great place to live then because it seems like it's always windy here!
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment