Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!












We are having a great Easter weekend! My Dad arrived on Friday afternoon, and the boys have been loving spending time with him. Every time he is not in the room with him, they are like, "Where's Grandpa? What's Grandpa doing?" Luckily, he seems to enjoy their company as much as they enjoy his. We haven't done anything too eventful with him - played outside alot, went out to lunch yesterday, had dinner at Sheri-Lynne's house with her family last night. Just a nice, relaxing weekend so far. And of course, the best is yet to come because my baby turns 3 tomorrow!!! But, that will be its own post tomorrow.
The Easter bunny came to visit us this morning. The boys found all the eggs that Chad and I so cleverly hid in approximately 30 seconds. Brandon would have found all 24 of them himself in half that time if we hadn't slowed him down and asked him to wait for Parker. Parker kept stopping to open each egg and see what candy was inside it. He had a lollypop in his mouth within minutes of waking up. The boys each got a jigsaw puzzle and one other little toy with their baskets, so that provided a bit of entertainment this morning. We also dyed eggs, which we all love. I also went to the gym for an hour because I took yesterday as my rest day. I expected it to be empty there, but it was probably the most crowded I've ever seen it!! I guess everybody decided to take advantage of a quiet day at home to get some exercise.
My lasagna is resting on the counter right now, waiting for our big Easter dinner. I'm salivating just thinking about it....

No comments: