Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Latest...





My camera, which I love in every other respect, does this fun little thing where it hides pictures from me until a year or two after they were taken. So, I was downloading the boys's swim lessons photos a few minutes ago - the only pictures I've taken in months - and look what appears! pictures of Chad and the boys from last fall! I know that Parker outgrew that red coat sometime in late 2007, so those pictures are pretty old. The boys look tiny in that photo! One time last year I was downloading photos, and some magically appeared from when Parker was in the NICU - that was cool to find those!

I haven't written much lately, partly because of all the books I've been reading and partly because of the spurts of amazing spring weather. Our weather keeps alternating between rainy and cold and sunny and fairly warm... so anytime we get the good days, we pretty much just spend all day out and about. Today we left the house early for the boys's swim lessons - their first day, and they loved it!! The instructor was really great with them. There were supposed to be other kids in their class, but it didn't fill up and so my boys get an instructor all to themselves!! What a bonus. I was greatly relieved to see that they both felt comfortable and confident around the water. Anyhoo, after that we met a bunch of friends at the park and stayed for around 2.5 hours and even had a picnic lunch. So nice to be sitting outside on the grass after all the months of being shut indoors! Anyway, after that we went grocery-shopping and just got home a little bit ago. I love days like this when we are out for such a long stretch. The day just flies by. We'll only be home for three hours all day because we are going to go meet Chad's train later.

The last two days were rainy and cold, so we just kind of ran errands and played at Sheri-Lynne's. Saturday though, was super nice, so that was another day where we were just outside all day. We took the boys hiking in the morning, which was sooooo great!! I just love how strong the boys are getting. Parker can do the whole hike by himself now, whereas last year we always ended up carrying him on the last leg. Then, I got out for a bike ride in the afternoon, while Chad played with the boys outside - some frisbee, some sidewalk chalk, some biking. And then we went straight from playing outside to going out for Indian - it was just too nice to go inside and cook. Ah, what a day.

Oh, and I'm back in my contact lenses, baby!! As of yesterday. I couldn't be happier about that - hate those dumb glasses, always sliding down my nose and they totally limit my field of vision. It was very, very interesting, going for a bike ride on Saturday with glasses on. I had absolutely no peripheral vision when I would try to look over my shoulder to check for cars! I just kind of went on a wing and a prayer and what my natural, extremely blurred vision could tell me.

I'm sure a bunch of other minor events have filled the last week, but I can't think what they are right now!

No comments: