We have had perfect weather the last two days - upper 50's and sunny - just right to play outside with a fleece on. Of course, by Friday we are back in the 30's! Still, I feel so invigorated to have spent so much time outside lately. The days just go by so much faster when I can take the boys outside in the afternoon and have so many options for fun stuff to do in the mornings. Parker and I spent all morning at the park today, and Brandon got to have recess outdoors for the first time since last fall.
Parker's eye is all better - I think this is his last day on the ointment. Good because it's getting hard to get him to lay still for the application. It was easy for the first couple days, but now, he's over it. He's on this kick lately where he calls everything his friend, and today he told me, "I do not like my friend the eye medicine." He says the cutest things, like when I'm folding laundry... "It's my friend, the truck sheets!". Or today, I shared my snack with him at the park, and he said, "I will share my lunch with you later, Mommy." He's got my back.
I dropped my bike off at the shop yesterday for a spring tune-up. Pretty excited to get it back and really kick off being outdoors again! My gym membership has one month left, and then it's all outdoors, baby. Except for maybe a week or two of swimming at a pool. I'm a bit nervous about starting my outdoor swimming in May, since the water temp will still be in the low 50's, but... what are you gonna do. There are some things about my new gym I do not like, but I must say that I really, really like the spin classes - brand new, very nice bikes, challenging instructors and lots of classes available.
I have resolved, now that spring is here, to start taking more pictures again of the kids! With that in mind, I'm going to charge my camera battery right now!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
70's here all this week.
We are looking at rain/snow Sunday into Monday, but I'll take it.
Post a Comment