Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunshine Day

Wow, is it beautiful here today. Sunny and in the 40's, which is not so bad compared to bitter chill of the last couple days! We got around 10 or so inches of snow on Monday - not cool, people. But, it is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 50's this weekend, so hopefully that snow will be long gone soon. Spring can't come fast enough for me.


So, what have I been doing instead of posting lately? This:

The books have been coming fast and furious off of my reserve list at the library lately, and I just picked up another today. I am really enjoying "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". It's even almost making me like dogs a little bit because the dogs in the book are just as much primary characters as the people. I find myself really caring about the various dogs, which is easier for me to do when not having to smell them or clean their poop. I can't give the book my final number of stars yet because I have around 80 pages to go, but it's looking good. I'm sure that's a relief to the author.

So, I have been getting headaches several days a week for pretty much my whole life that I can remember. They don't always have the same triggers either. Sometimes I get one if the weather is about to dramatically change, but I also often get one on days when I do a particularly hard workout, especially if I'm in the gym where it's a bit hot and stuffy. That's the kind of headache I think I have today, an exercise headache. It stinks, but for some reason I am just prone to headaches. They always come on around lunch and then get worse and worse until I go to bed. Then, it's gone when I wake up the next morning. After a few hours of one, I also start to feel nauseous, which just adds to the pleasure. What makes them feel especially good is when my kids are screaming or crying or running around making train noises, which is pretty standard fare around here! Anyway, it basically stinks but no painkiller that I've ever tried has helped. And lest anyone think its dehydration, that can't be possible as I would literally float away if I drank any more water than I do right now.

Okay, I'm done complaining. So, what's new? I went out with my friends Sheri-Lynne and Ellen on Friday night, and that was super fun. We got drinks and dessert at a nice restaurant near us, and it was so lovely just to sit and chat with my girls! Saturday, we took the kids to an indoor playspace to run around and expend some energy and afterwards went out for pizza. We tried a pizza parlor that we've been told by a few people is the best around, and I have to say that we were sorely disappointed. It was cheap, which was good, but the pizza was very blah. I actually think that the take-out place across the street from us is better. But, you know what the great thing about pizza is? It's pretty much always good. Even bad pizza is usually fairly tasty. Except for Costco pizza - I hate their pizza. You can just tell that the mozzarella is low quality, but that they think that if they throw about 20 pounds worth on each slice you won't notice. And that, my friends, is about the only negative thing you will hear me say about the Costco because I just love that place.

So, Brandon had a snow day on Monday and Chad worked from home, so it felt like a little vacation. The boys and I played in the snow, and then once the storm wound down, I even got to sneak out to the gym for a run. Tuesday, the boys had a dentist appointment - first time for Parker! They both did great, although the dentist said that we should try to curtail Parker's thumb-sucking habit if possible. I've been telling him for months that when he turns three he needs to quit sucking his thumb, but frankly, I don't think he's buying what I'm selling. After the dentist, we went to the grocery, and I made a huge dinner that rocked the casbah. One of the ingredients was wine, so I was forced to have a glass while I cooked, just to make sure it was up to snuff. Yesterday, Parker and I played with Trish and her daughter and today we played at Sheri-Lynne's. So, it's been a pretty darn fun week.

Brandon is very patiently waiting for me to come up and play, as their quiet time is just about over (really, it's been 1 hour, 45 minutes, so they are being champs up there). We are going to wrestle on the bed, which is also quite fun with a headache! But I do love playing with those boys.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What about the Costco hot dogs? What do have to say about that?!

I was about to buy that book at Costco the other day. I didn't because it was hard back, and the paper backs are cheaper. Anyway, you'll have to let me know what you thought of it when you finish.