In a totally stinky turn of events, I have pink eye. Parker came down with it 11 days ago, so that seems way too long to have gotten it from him, but also a weird coincidence that we both happened to get it within a couple weeks of each other. Anyway, at least I still have his ointment to use to clear it up, and I only have to be quarantined for one day while it kicks in. Still, I have to wear my - gasp - glasses for probably 4 or 5 days.
Now, everyone knows that I do not wear my glasses, except for approximately 30 seconds in the morning, and perhaps 5 minutes at night. I just find them totally uncomfortable and hard to see through, since I have no peripheral vision with them. Plus, even though I have upgraded my glasses since my days of the Crayola Kids frame (this is when I was in my 20's, may I add), I still don't like the way they look on me. I'm just not a glasses girl, and I feel weird wearing them. Plus, I am not excited to run and do spin classes and such in them... I just picture them getting all sweaty and sliding down my nose every two seconds. Good thing I just swam yesterday because I would be blind as a bat without contacts or glasses in the pool. So, yuh, the whole thing stinks.
Chad had to work from home today so that he could take Brandon to and from school, since I didn't want to be hanging out in his classroom with my germy self. Chad also and quite spontaneously took Monday off from work, so we've seen him a lot this week. It's been the week of the Chad. Anyway, we didn't do anything too crazy on Monday - took Brandon to school and then did some shopping for Parker's birthday. One of us would be like, "Hey Parker! Look at this!" while the other one threw something in the shopping cart. Then, if he happens to spot something in there, I'm all like, "Oh, uh, that's for your cousin Haley's birthday." It must be confusing for the poor child, since we always call all toys we buy in his presence gifts for Haley. "Oh, that motor grader? That's for your cousin Haley's upcoming... uhhh... May Day gift."
All right, me and my four eyes are going to go lay on the couch and read for a bit.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment