I'm trying to post daily while Chad is out of town... just in case I miss any important details to share with him when we email and talk on the phone daily. I have to say, it was actually quite lonely last night, going to bed without him. It's not nearly as much fun to check out on the boys while they are sleeping all alone. Plus, when Brandon woke up at 2am because his covers had all fallen on the floor, there was no one for me to nudge and say, "Brandon needs you." I had to get up myself to help him.
We had a rough start to the morning - just a hard time getting the boys ready for school today. I pretty much completely lost it for a few minutes, which Parker ignores but always makes Brandon totally lose it as well. Once we all calmed down, I was able to get them ready and out the door, no problem. Parker and I were busy beavers after we dropped Brandon off at school. We went to the bank, to the post office (mailed my niece's gift and got stamps for our holiday cards), to the gym, and to Walmart to do a return. It was the first time I ever took Parker to the gym's play room/childcare center, and it was definitely a mixed bag. On the one hand, I got in a good workout. On the other, I picked up Parker afterwards and the caregiver told me how when I left, Parker laid down on the floor and starting silently weeping, with little tears running down his cheeks. She said it was heart-breaking. I was broken-hearted just hearing about it. Anyway, the woman held Parker until he calmed down, and then she said that he did just fine, even making friends with another boy. When we left I asked Parker if he wanted to play there again sometime (hint, hint, perhaps Monday?), but he immediately said no. I'll ask him again on Sunday and see if I can coerce him into thinking it's fun there. Otherwise, I'll just have to deal with missing a couple workouts this week. I wish I could take the boys out in the jogging stroller, but since it's going to be super cold this weekend and snowing on Sunday... well, I just don't think that would work so well for them.
I am hosting a Yankee Swap tonight for my MOMS Club. So far, 19 people has rsvp'd - that's quite a crowd for my house! Should be fun though - I'm looking forward to it. Always fun to see what funny re-gift items every brings.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
For the unitiated, what is a yankee swap, anyway?
you bring a new or regifted, wrapped item. everyone draws a number. the person with number 1 picks a gift to open. Then, it's the person with #2's turn. They pick a gift and then decide whether to keep it or switch it with #1's gift. So, the person with the highest number picks the last gift, but then can switch it with anyone else's gift in the room. It's pretty funny. We had one last year, and I had a blast. And I ended up with a silver serving tray that is very nice, even if it does look a bit like a giant ashtray.
That's just like our Christmas Eve game. We just don't it yankee swap...kinda like that name!
Oops, I forgot the word "call".
You know what I mean!
Post a Comment