Monday, December 22, 2008

3 Day Countdown!

Christmas is so much fun with kids. I just can't wait to see their excitement on Christmas morning, and I am loving all the excitement leading up to the big day. We had Brandon's Christmas Sing program this morning, which was super adorable. When that ended, he was officially on winter vacation. We celebrated by running errands and going out to lunch. Lunch led to this startling revelation... I don't really like Chinese food. Too greasy with not alot of flavor, especially as compared to Thai food (my favorite), Indian, Vietnamese, or pretty much any other Asian cuisine. Maybe that's just the way they cook it here in the States, but I'm not such a fan. I do like to cook Chinese-style food on occasion, and that's yummy because I can use fresh ingredients and not much oil. Anyway, this is all a tangent. Brandon got to pick our lunch destination today, and he picked Chinese, which I get because we haven't had it in a really long time. And everyone enjoyed it except for me, so I'm cool with that.

As a side note, running 6 miles this afternoon while burping up chinese food and feeling it sloshing around in my stomach didn't exactly leave me with fond memories of the meal either. I really can only run on a mostly empty stomach. Even though I waited 2.5 hours after I ate to run, it clearly wasn't long enough!

We ended up with around 20 or so inches of snow over the weekend - it snowed for 54 hours straight, so that was kind of crazy. It was fun to go sledding and build a snowman and such. And just as much fun to come in and have hot cocoa and soup. I was pretty amazed at how fast the towns got the streets cleared, as the snow didn't stop until around 7pm last night but the schools were all open this next morning. If that storm had happened in Virginia where I grew up, we easily would have had school canceled for two weeks. And I would have loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're not quite to your level, but we probably ended up with a little over a foot.