We had a great Christmas Eve and Christmas. For the first time ever, we used our fireplace and had fires each evening. It was so great to sit with Chad in front of the fire on Christmas Eve, with a glass of wine, and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" - our Christmas Eve tradition. The kids were so excited all day on Christmas Eve - we started tracking Santa's progress on NORAD, and that was a BIG HIT. Brandon checked it approximately every 3 minutes for the entire day and kept us all informed of Santa's progress. Oddly, it rained all day on Christmas Eve, which washed away most of the big snow we got the weekend before. NORAD clearly showed Rudolph leading Santa's sleigh, so clearly it was a cloudy night the world over.
The boys had a great Christmas morning, too. They each asked Santa for a couple items and then everything else was a surprise. Brandon's favorite gifts were his watch, camera, and Magna-Tiles, and Parker's faves were his new trains and his vacuum. Parker's vacuum obsession was kind of fading, but it has since been renewed by the new one in his possession. This one actually has a small motor and will pick up things, so I'm a big fan, too. Chad and I got each other a few small things - books and games and such. Chad got me a jigsaw puzzle, which I have already finished. Once I start a puzzle, I am totally focused on finishing it. I have to force myself to stop at night and go to bed. I find them very addictive, and since this was a new one, I wouldn't let Chad help me at all... I needed to conquer it all on my own.
I have pictures to post from the boys decorating Christmas cookies, not to mention all the present opening, but I'm really not in the mood to download them right now. In fact, I'm going to go curl up on the couch with a new book.
No comments:
Post a Comment