We got some great news this morning... we were at Sheri-Lynne's, playing in her backyard, when Chad called to say that he was making an earlier flight home! Whohoo! Very exciting. We picked him up at around 2:30pm today. We are all so happy to have him home, and the boys are following him around like little puppies. He's reading to them on the couch right now. I have to say that, even though this was a long stretch to be alone with the kids, it was manageable. When they were younger, I felt like I would go crazy if Chad so much as worked late! But now that they are older and playing together so well, it's really not so bad. I wouldn't want to do it every week, but we survived. I am very much looking forward to Chad's company tonight though.
I did manage to make it out for another jog with them in the stroller this morning. I was feeling a bit lazy, but Brandon was really helping to get me out the door. I'm so glad that they enjoy the runs now, because I remember trying to take them last summer when Chad was traveling, and it was a nightmare. They kept poking each other and asking how much longer till we were finished. But since, Parker was up bright and early and extremely chatty at 6am today, we had plenty of time to get out for some exercise! I really thought that I would get some sweet sleeping in time this week since I couldn't leave the house in the morning to exercise, but it was not meant to be. The latest they ever slept was 6:30am.
The thing I'm most proud of for this week is that I made it through without the TV! I thought for sure they would be getting a hearty dose of TV to help maintain my sanity, but I actually planned so many activities that we were never home to need it! I'm pretty sure that I can still remember all the words to the Bernstain Bears theme song though...
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just so you're aware... Our kids get up by 6:30 too, but they don't go to bed until 8, at the earliest. So consider yourself lucky!
Glad to hear the Chad made it home early. Yeah, I am calling him the Chad now.
Post a Comment