Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Vacation Fun

Yummy! Plums!
The boys LOVED the burlap sak maze!
My cuties on a little caterpillar train ride
Our vacation week continues in grand style. Yesterday, we spent the day at a farm about 30 minutes away from here. Cool place and the oldest continuously running farm in the US - from the late 1500's. The kid's favorite part is that you ride a train to get out to the fields, as well as a play area and petting zoo. We spent maybe 20 minutes picking fruit, and the rest of the time running through their maze, going down slides, having a picnic lunch, etc. It was really fun. I am loving this no napping thing this week, as we can stay wherever we are for as long as we want. We came home with about 8 pounds of plums, ginger gold apples, and peaches, so that was also quite nice. Not to mention the approximately 3 pounds of fruit that we consumed while in the fields... seriously, Brandon ate two apples that were about the size of grapefruits! The farm is actually pretty expensive - you have to pay $8/person to enter, but somebody at Chad's office gave him a pass good for the whole year. Sweet. So, we just had to pay for our fruit. I was really amazed at how tasty the fruit was, too, especially the plums. Really, it's a world of difference from what you find in the supermarket.

Today, we took Brandon to his Open House at preschool! So exciting. His teacher is very nice, and Brandon is a bit familiar with her from last year. Plus, four of the kids from his class last year are with him again, which will be fun. I can't believe it's almost time for school to start! And what will I do without my little Brandon-Bear three mornings a week? I will miss him, although it will be nice to have all that time with just Parker.

Anyhoo, after the Open House, we all went to play tennis! Literally, it was the first time I've played since I got pregnant with Brandon. Chad had to dig my racket up out of the attic. I felt like my timing was very rusty, but it was really fun to be out there anyway. The boys hit some balls for a while with their little rackets, and then played on the playground beside the courts while Chad and I played. After that, we did a quick run to the library to grab new books for the boys and then it was home for lunch. Funny thing though - Chad apparently left a book on the roof of the car while we were putting the boys in. We got home and realized that we were missing the book that Chad had been reading to the boys before we got in the car. Uh-oh. Chad went back to the library to ask if someone had found it, with no luck. So then, he walked around looking for it and found it in the middle of the street a block away! I'm so glad we realized it was gone! Pretty funny though.

We have big plans for the next couple days, as we continue our week of adventure and fun! It's going to be a real come down when I have to entertain these boys by myself next week!

No comments: