Monday, August 25, 2008

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted...

Just seeing if I can get the Go-Go's in your head for the rest of the day with that title!

Yep, Chad is on vacation until next Tuesday! We forgot that it's Labor Day on Monday, too. Sweet. We've been living it up like rock stars already. Rock stars who have young kids and go to bed by 10pm every night. In the last couple days, we've gone to the zoo, a bbq at a friend's, on a hike, to a park to fly a kite, out for ice cream, and the list goes on and on. It's been really fun. We have a bunch more day trips planned for the next few days, too.

Yesterday even exhausted me! I went out for a ride in the morning - around 21 or so miles, so not that long but long enough that my legs were feeling it a bit. When I got home, I packed a picnic lunch, and we all went hiking up a local mountain. Brandon raced up that thing! Then, after the hike, I went for a swim in the nearby lake. By the time I got around to weight-lifting and core exercises in the evening, I was pretty beat already. I definitely felt like I had a very active day. But, hey, less than two weeks till my next race. After that, I'm not sure what my schedule will be. I may try to fit in one more race before the season ends.

So, I somehow messed up my eyesight. I don't know how other to say. I swear it happened this one day when I had my swim goggles on too tight - I know it sounds crazy, but I think I changed the pressure on my eye somehow! Ever since that swim and the discomfort I had with my goggles that one day, I've had trouble with the vision in my right eye. It aches whenever I read. I have to change the type size on the computer so it's extra large size so that it doesn't strain my right eye. If I think I'm going to be reading for a while, I usually put on my glasses, which don't bother me at all. Weird, huh? I would go see the eye doctor, except that I have something like 14 months of contacts in my closet right now. I don't care how annoying it is, I'm not wasting all those contact lenses!!

Alrighty, I think we are headed up to the pool now...

No comments: