Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feeling the Olympic Spirit

Just finished watching last night's Olympics from our DVR. I mean, who on the East Coast can stay up to watch the marquee events? They never start before 10:30pm our time, which is way too late for my blood. Anyhoo, kind of bummed that the women's gymnastics didn't get the gold, but I'll survive. I love watching the Olympics - always something interesting every night. The last time I was watching the summer Olympics, Brandon had just been born. He was only a few days old, so I have absolutely no memory of any of it. I do remember Chad sitting with Brandon at 3am watching the ping-pong finals, trying to lull him back to sleep. In our punch-drunk exhaustation, that was high hilarity, that Chad was watching ping-pong at 3am. Ah memories. Like the corners of my mind.

I did a swim with Jen at 5:30am this morning - it was only 50 degrees outside! Luckily, the water was a bit warmer than that. I was very happy to have my wetsuit though. The sun is already starting to rise later than it did just a few weeks ago. I hate it because I know that soon it will be dark outside when I want to ride my bike. Last year, I held off on joining the gym until last December, so we'll see if I can do that again.

Whooh, I am sitting here with some tired boys. They are coloring and painting at their little crafts table beside me. They are both exhausted after running around at the pond and its beach and playground all morning, but that's not going to slow them down, no sir. 6:30pm bedtime, anyone?

No comments: