Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

We had a great weekend. Saturday was nothing particularly special - just running errands, but Sunday was a wonderful day of family fun. We went to the zoo in the morning, which is always a blast. The kids basically spend a couple hours running from animal to animal, both of them talking a mile a minute about all they are seeing. Chad and I thoroughly enjoy watching them having so much fun. As soon as we got home, the boys started playing in their rooms for quiet time, so I took the opportunity to go for a ride. When I got back, we played outside for while and then went to the grocery to pick up some eats to grill up for dinner. In a startling show of laidbackfullness (I just made that up, but it fits), I let my children eat hot dogs. Sure hot dogs are pretty unhealthy, but I think the reason I shy away from them for the kids is more because I personally find them disgusting. But, I feel the same way about sausage, and goodness knows, that doesn't stop the boys (all three of them) from chowing on it anytime we are out for breakfast. So, I've basically crossed the final frontier, as hot dogs are now in my refridgerator. Actually they both had 1/2 of a hot dog for dinner, plus 1/2 of a veggie burger (my fave grilling item)... the yin and the yang of grilled items. True to form, Brandon who is just like his Momma, ate his veggie burger first, while Parker takes after his Daddy and ate the hot dog first.

Parker was pretty cranky this morning; I think he is still sort of tired from having a cold last week. They never sleep well when they don't feel well. I didn't feel like he was ready for primetime, so we ended up spending the morning at home after taking Brandon to school. I have to say that I really enjoyed our morning here. Usually, I'm really antsy to have plans every morning and be out, but this morning, it was quite nice to just be with Parker at home. We played outside for an hour or so, and then did lots of painting and drawing . Chad is working at home today, so he was able to take a break long enough to go pick up Brandon from school, which is a big thrill for Bran. It was such a nice morning. The boys are upstairs for quiet time now, and a few minutes ago I went to check on them, as it was suspiciously quiet up there. It turns out that my sweet little Parker was tired today, as he crawled into bed to look at books and fell asleep up there. He looks so cute up there, with his blankie on top of him and a book open on his chest. I'm going to have to wake him up soon though, if I want there to be any chance of him going to sleep at a decent hour tonight!

No comments: