I am so excited today because I get to see my friend Keri for dinner tonight! She was one of my closest friends growing up, but now she lives in Tennessee and we rarely see each other. Fortunately for me, she has a conference in Boston this week, so we get to catch up. As an added bonus, Rebekah is coming up from Providence to join in on the fun - three members out of the old gang of five from high school, reunited! Should be a wild night... I've already got my wedding ring off and in my pocket. Hah! Just checking to see if Chad is reading carefully. Actually, we'll probably just go to dinner and talk a lot and then be home by a reasonable hour. I've still got to be up at 6am to go running!
Speaking of running and getting up, can we just establish right now that there is something very very wrong with Boston temperatures this week? It was 20 degrees when I went running today, and a balmy 23 degrees yesterday. I saw on the news that temps this week are average for mid-January. Not a fan, my friends. Not to mention that on Saturday, my beloved Chad's birthday, it is not going to get above freezing all day. I'm just not prepared for this kind of cold in November.
The boys and I went and picked up Chad's favorite ice cream cake today for this birthday. Last year when we went to pick it up, the store couldn't locate our cake so they gave me and the kids free ice cream while they checked all the freezers. So, of course, Brandon remembers this and asked me a few days ago if we could get ice cream again when we go pick it up this year. No problem, even though it was 31 degrees at the time, it's never too cold for ice cream. Anyhoo, I told Brandon to keep it a secret so that we could surprise Chad with the cake. What does Brandon say to Chad first thing this morning? We are going to get ice cream today! Moral of the story: perhaps 4-year-olds are not great at keeping secrets, especially if they involve ice cream. On the other hand, he hasn't told Chad any of the other birthday treats we have planned, so maybe I should cut him some slack. On the third hand, Chad knows I get him an ice cream cake every year, so it wasn't much of a surprise to begin with. For the record, Brandon got chocolate and Parker got strawberry, in case you were curious what their favorites are.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
60 and sunny here!
Post a Comment