The boys and I were having quite a time out in the backyard this morning. It is really mild today - probably in the 60's - perfect for playing outside. There were a ton of leaves on the ground underneath this tree on our side yard, so we were putting them in big piles and jumping around. Chad is working at home today so he even got to pop outside for a few minutes and see the boys burying themselves in leaves. Chad decided to work from home today because he had a lot of calls to be on and was worried about getting back in time to vote today. So, we headed over to the voting precinct around 10am in between some of his meetings. Even in the middle of the morning we had to wait in line a while to vote, so it's a good thing he didn't try to dash over right before the polls close tonight or he would have been waiting forever. I've never been so excited for a presidential election, although I've only voted in five so far.
Chad was a superstar husband on Sunday and took the kids out for around 3.5 hours in the morning. I don't like to miss out on the family fun, but sometimes it is so nice to just be alone for a while!! I did some stuff around the house, watched a cheesy TV show that I had recorded, and went for a bike ride. It was about 20 degrees colder and much windier on Sunday than it was on Saturday, so my bike ride wasn't nearly as fun. Still, it's November, and I'm just happy that I'm still getting decent enough days to get out there. I hope that I paid Chad back by being a superstar wife yesterday and baking him an apple pie, his favorite. I tell ya, now that it's so dark in the afternoons, I really feel myself switching into this domestic mode of wanting to cook and bake all afternoon. My pattern seems to be that during daylight savings time, I rely on the old favorites for meals, and then once it's dark out so early, I suddenly feel motivated to try new recipes and cook more elaborate meals. Maybe I'm trying to fatten us all up for the lean winter months ahead.
The kids both have little colds, nothing major, and while I don't have a cold exactly, I've had a sinus headache for a couple days now. That's very strange for me... I get sinus headaches fairly frequently, but usually they come on in the late afternoon and then are gone by the next morning. So, maybe instead of getting a full-on cold, I'm just going to have this super annoying headache for a few days. I'd rather have the cold. Glad we are all getting something now, as opposed to around Thanksgiving. Chad has vowed not to be sick this year, after the last two years of all of us coming down with something right in time for the holidays.
Hey! Chad just finished up a call early and told me that I can duck out for a bike ride if I like - whohoo! The kids are doing quiet time, so it all works out perfectly!
5 comments:
Wait...I though it was cherry pie!
I did, too. Did he change his mind?
By the way, there is no way you are old enough to have voted in 5 presidential elections!!
To clarify, I believe apple pie is his all time favorite, but since I make that once or twice a year, he relies on Mom for his cherry pie fix on his birthday. We'll have to ask him - put him on the spot.
Sorry, Mom, if I'm that old, imagine how many elections you have voted in!!
I'd rather not think about it. It is only a state of mind anyway!
Post a Comment