Friday, November 7, 2008

Quiet Week

It has been a quiet week around here. It seems like every kid in the area is either recovering from a cold or coming down with one. It's funny how they go around in waves like that. Brandon is all better, and Parker is almost there. We've been taking it easy this week, not doing too much more than going to the library and playing outside, when the weather allows. It's been really mild this week, but word on the street is that it's going to be chilly around here next week. Yuck. I'm in total shock that it's almost Thanksgiving, which means it's almost Christmas. This time of the year goes by so unbelievably fast. Wish I could say the same thing for February and March, the two most painful months of the year in New England, in my opinion.

I had a great swim again last night. I think I'm actually getting used to this swimming at night thing that I've been doing at the local high school, biding my time until I join the gym and can switch back to mornings. I just sort of mentally prep myself all day that I'm going to have to leave the house at the ungodly hour of 8:30pm. I try to think of it as "special Beth time" - driving by myself, being out after dark - whohoo, it's almost like being a teenager again. The only downside is that it takes me a while to settle down once I get back, so I never get to bed before 11pm, which is late considering that I always go running the next morning at 6am. Whatever, I can sleep in tomorrow.

So, I am really, really invigorated and thrilled by Tuesday's election. I felt like I was watching my "Kennedy" - a President who I can really admire and feel inspired by. After an 8 year media blackout of W, I'm thrilled that I can watch State of the Union addresses again without feeling like I'm going to either hurl myself or my TV out the window. I have very high expectations for Obama - the first person to make me feel passionate in a positive way about politics in a long while.

I've got a Thai chicken pizza coming together in the kitchen - I'm Audi.

No comments: