Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out on the Town

And good afternoon to you. I have quite the fun weekend. Allow me to tell you more. Friday night, I went out to dinner with 6 of my friends from the MOMS Club. We went out for Thai food - my favorite - and it was a really nice and relaxing dinner. Nice just to be able to chat with friends un-interrupted. Nice to eat my entire meal without sharing! And, I still got home early enough to watch Survivor with Chad. Saturday, the family ran errands, one of which was going to IKEA, where they have this sweet playroom for kids. You can drop off your kids there for up to 45 minutes while you shop - aw yea! Chad and I were loving it - it was like a 45-minute date. Plus, the kids love the playroom - it's got a ball pit and coloring and ramps to run up and down and all kinds of good stuff. I'm planning on going every week this winter, dropping the kids off, and then spending the 45-minutes curled up with a good book in the sofa section. Just kidding, but sort of not. Saturday night, Chad and I went out to see Quantum of Solace, the new James Bond movie. Not so great. Lots of action, not much coherent plot. Chad and I spent the entire car ride home trying to decipher and make the connections on what we'd just seen. Still, it was great to get a night out and without paying for a babysitter, either. How did we swing that, you may wonder? My MOMS Club has a babysitting co-op, where you trade tokens for babysitting hours. It's about the coolest thing ever. I sent an email out asking if anyone could watch my kids Saturday night, and I got not one but two responses! Really, a big fan of the co-op right here. This morning, we went for a hike, which is one of our favorite things to do on the weekend - it was really fun, although windy and chilly. Great, great weekend, and I feel refreshed to start the week.

No comments: