Chad and I had a great evening out Friday night. We went out for mexican and then stopped on the way home to pick up a movie and some dessert. It was so nice to spend a relaxing evening with just Chad... so nice to eat without having to cut up anyone's food! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I wish we could get out more often... I am so jealous of my friend's who have family in the area to babysit for them!
Yesterday morning, Brandon had soccer, and Chad was kind enough to take the boys to that while I went for a bike ride. I ended my ride at the soccer fields so that I could catch the last few minutes of the action... which seemed to be mostly Brandon and this other little girl standing in the middle of the field, talking. Both boys were pretty wiped out after running around all morning, so we had an early lunch and just kind of hung out around the house until our big afternoon plans... the town parade and block party! We actually walked in the parade again this year, as part of the MOMS Club... the kids (and I admit it, me too) love getting to walk down the middle of the street with all these people lining the sidewalks cheering and clapping. It's not often that I get invited to walk in a parade, so I'm not turning it down when I have the opportunity! The highlight for me was that Chad and another one of the dads were doing synchronized stroller routines while we walked... criss-crossing each other and turning in circles... the crowds go crazy for that kind of showmanship. Yea so, the parade ends at the big block party, where all of downtown is closed to traffic and all the local vendors and restaurants line the way, selling stuff. Plus, they have free carnival rides and the fire trucks for kids to climb on and good things like that. Unfortunately, Parker wasn't feeling so great, and Brandon was plain exhausted from soccer and walking the whole parade route, so we didn't stay that long at the block party.
Chad started painting Parker's room yesterday. He did the ceiling and the primer yesterday and will try to get the color on the walls today. The upshot is that Parker has to bunk down with Brandon for around 3 nights. We dragged Parker's mattress in and put it beside Brandon's... which immediately turned into an obstacle course for the kids. Anyway, even though both kids were exhausted last night, it took about an hour to get them both to sleep... Parker just can't settle down when he's in the room with Brandon! He's way too excited so he keeps getting up and talking and in general disturbing Brandon. It's pretty frustrating, but we're hoping it will be better tonight. Parker apparently has a little cold, too, so he woke up at 6am coughing and never went back to sleep. Doesn't he know that waking your parents up at 6am on a Sunday is just WRONG??!! I have so few days where I can actually sleep past 6am; please don't take one away from me!! It's been rough sleeping in general around here lately. With both boys potty-trained that means that they each usually get up once a night to go to the bathroom. And of course, they want one of us to get up and put them back in bed. Plus, Jessie, our cat, has been really hyper at night lately. Friday night, she would just start meowing SO LOUD every 20 minutes or so... pretty much as soon as I started nodding off. It was like she was taunting me. I'm not a great sleeper to begin with. I struggle to fall asleep and then if something wakes me up, it usually takes me at least 30 minutes to fall back asleep. I need one uninterrupted night of sleep, please! Everyone know when they have kids that the first 6 months or so will be sleepless... but no one tells you that you never really get consistently great nights of sleep again! At least not so far!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment