Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lovin' Quiet Time

Oh boy, do I love quiet time in our house. Even though I am frequently called upstairs (Mommy, I need heeeelp or my favorite, Mommy, I have to go poo-poo), it's such a treat to have a little bit of downtime. I'm so happy right now to be sitting at the computer by myself.

I figured out how to wean the kids off the potty-training rewards system. I just told them that today was the last day for lollypops. Hmm, that was simple. Maybe I was overthinking this whole thing. I forget sometimes that at 4 and 2 years old, they can occasionally be reasoned with.

Speaking of reasoning with, my sweet sweet Parker is obsessed with dirt. He runs his hand over anywhere he thinks there might be dirt, such as library shelves, department store floors, sides of cars, windowsills in public places - really, it's gross. I'm always busting out the wipes to try to clean off his blackened hands. And the frustrating thing is that I tell him around 60 times a day not to touch the yuckies (as we call it), but he still keeps doing it. When will this phase pass?? If being exposed to dirt helps build up your immune system... well, let's just say that Parker won't be taking any sick days when he grows up.

Not much to say today. Just didn't want to leave my faithful readers in the lurch. I'm going to enjoy my last 30 minutes of quiet time, reading on the couch, and then the boys and I are going to pick up a few things at the brand new Target they just opened near us. Awww, yea.

No comments: