Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day #2

I think today was our 4th decent snowstorm of the month, not counting those days when we got an inch here or there. We got 7 inches or so, most of it falling between 6am - 11am this morning, which meant school was canceled. For whatever reason, our town didn't call off school until this morning, so Chad and I got an early morning wake-up call at 5:40am with a recording telling us that school was canceled. Good times. Usually I'm already at the gym at that time on Fridays, but because of the snow forecast, I thought I'd sleep in. So much for that... thanks alot Superintendant of Schools! Just because you are up, recording your little messages, doesn't mean every parent in the whole town needs to be awake, too! Grrr. Can we just all agree to run cancellations the evening before, since the forecast isn't going to change in the following 8 hours anyway?

So, there is also talk on the table of our third blizzard of the month next Tuesday/Wednesday. Clearly, Mother Nature didn't get the message that Chad will be out of town on business all next week and hence, no school is allowed to be canceled! I need that little bit of downtime if I'm going to be the woman on the scene for the whole week by myself! And I'm starting to wonder where we might put another 2 feet of snow. As it is, there are six foot high walls on either side of the bottom of the driveway. It's like the entrance to an ice castle or Superman's fortress or something. Anyway, enough of my ranting, but let's just say that I picked the right year to invest in a snow blower because our driveway is a thing of beauty. Yes, there is a certain pride in having a perfectly clear driveway in the face of 50 inches of snow in three weeks.

What's on tap for the weekend? Brandon has a weekly baseball clinic that starts tomorrow, and the boys both have a birthday party on Sunday. I have scheduled a big old bike/run (and by bike, I mean, spin bike) workout for myself first thing in the morning, although I did manage to fit in an hour of kickboxing with our Kinect today. Beyond that, I would venture to guess at some sledding, some Kinect sports, and some good old-fashioned chilling out, as we used to say back in my day. I'm also going to be enjoying myself some Chad-time because I'm going to miss him next week!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, the snow sounds pretty impressive...we need some pictures of that!

Beth said...

I keep meaning to take pictures because it's pretty crazy around here, but now I'll just have to wait until after the next wallop on Wednesday...