Boy, has it been pouring here this weekend!! We are supposed to have 4-5 inches total rain by the time the storm moves out on Monday night... hopefully, everything is going to look super green and spring-like when the sun comes back out. I'm just biding my time, as the forecast for the rest of the week and next weekend is glorious.
So, with the rain, we haven't done too much this weekend. Yesterday, we went out to breakfast, got the boys haircuts, bought Parker some new sneakers, etc. Lots of running between parking lots and stores, try to stay dry! In the afternoon, we grabbed "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" from the library and had a family movie afternoon. It was the old school version from the seventies that Chad and I grew up watching - classic. We've read the book, which is actually called "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (interesting that they switched the focus to Willy Wonka for the movie) to the boys a couple times now, and it's one of their favorites. I think they liked the movie, and I had the songs in it stuck in my head for the rest of the day. One day over the February vacation week, I read "The Wizard of Oz" to them - all in one day. I think it took about 3.5 hours to read it all, but it was a snowy day so we just cuddled in our pj's and read! I love being able to share my favorite childhood books with them.
Chad and I saw "Precious" on Friday night, and what a disturbing movie it was. I can't say that I really "enjoyed" it, but I was definitely moved by it. And disturbed and grossed out. We have "Up in the Air" to watch this week, so after that, I think I will have seen 6 of the best movie nominees from this year... that's got to be a post-children record for me! "The Hurt Locker" has definitely been my favorite, so I'm glad that it won.
This time change is really throwing me off today! I keep thinking, "where has the day gone?" Strange how one hour can make such a difference. Just dreading the alarm going off at 5am tomorrow, but it feeling like 4am. Especially after sleeping in for much of last week, while I tried to kick that flu bug. Still, only five weeks until my first event of the season, so I am fired up to push forward with my training. I can't believe that I'll start swimming outside in 7 weeks. I remember this guy at a race once telling me that he takes cold showers for the whole month of April to get used to the feeling of May outdoor swims, but I'm just not sure I'm that hardcore.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment