I was randomly felled by the flu this week. It seems to be going around, and luckily, since I had the vaccine, I had a really mild version of it. I had a fever, aches, chills on Monday for about 12 hours and then that was it. Very lethargic and coughing on Tuesday and by Wednesday, almost back to my old self! I love flu vaccines - what an invention... just having a mild version of the flu was enough to let me know that I never want to catch a full-fledged case again! No one else in the family got sick, so that was a relief. Chad was super sweet and let me relax on the couch all day on Tuesday, while he made breakfast, met buses, drove P to school, took the boys to the dentist, etc. It reminded me of back in the day when I would have a hangover and would lie on the couch all day, reading and watching E! ... felt so indulgent to just do whatever I wanted for a day. And what I wanted was to read and watch cheesy TV.
Wednesday, I was back in action with the boys, and since Brandon didn't have school, we visited the zoo for the first time since the fall. It was really fun, and we ended up spending a looooong time there. We saw all the animals once, and then the boys decided they wanted to see them all again... so back we trekked. The boys were full of energy, but I was still feeling a bit tired and was ready to go by the time we got close to our parking lot again! I was actually looking forward to the drive home so that I could just sit for a while. The highlight of the morning for the boys: watching the gorilla lumber over towards us, squat on his hand and poop and then eat his own poop. Repeatedly. That's just good times, my friend and you can't find that kind of entertainment just anywhere. I told the boys that they should be sure to tell Daddy about that over dinner, which they thought was hilarious. We were only back home about two hours before we left again for swim lessons, to pick up my bike at the shop (spring tune-up + new chain + new brake-pads), and to meet Chad's train, our rite of spring. It's finally light enough outside and warm enough to start walking to the train station in the afternoons again. So, yesterday was a big day, and I slept very well last night until 5:15am when Brandon got up. Ugh.
We had gorgeous weather last weekend and were able to be outside a lot. I did an awesome 44 mile ride on Saturday, which is about the longest I've gone, I think. I went through 6 different towns, past horse farms and cranberry bogs, and it was so much fun. Hoping to get up to doing 60-70 miles at a time by June in preparation for my 1/2 ironman. It's just a big time committment to spend that much time on a bike.
Must go referee a dispute upstairs...
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment