Ahoy thar matie! The boys have been playing pirate today... we have a book that has all kinds of ideas for pirate crafts, so we did the eye patch, hats, treasure chest and maps so far today. I know you can't tell from the picture, but the maps are pretty cool - we used tea bags to create an aged effect. Really, they could probably fool all but the most wizened pirates. We haven't gotten to the cutlasses yet, but they are next on the list. We did take a break for about three hours this morning to meet Ellen and Diane and their kids at an indoor playspace, but as soon as we got home... more pirate adventures awaited. Luckily, the boys aren't so familiar with the violence that one might associate with pirates... our book says that the pirates just wave around their swords and their prey are so scared that they pretty much just turn over their boats. We're going to go with that. Anyway, I found some old running clothes of mine, and with a few snips here and there - whala! ragged, pirate clothes that smell of the sea. Or of the closet I found them in, but use your imagination here. I also have in mind to make and paint some pasta necklaces for treasure - who knew playing pirates could be so fun?
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment