Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not Feeling Myself




I just haven't felt myself for about the last ten days now. I've had a chest cold, which is slowly getting better, but I still just feel really lethargic. Not good, considering I have an Olympic-distance triathlon to kick some butt in this weekend. I've been taking some days off from training lately, which is difficult, mentally, for me to do. But, hopefully, that will pay off soon, and one of these mornings, I'll wake up with some energy! It's also kind of gray and yucky outside today, so that doesn't help my mood! Luckily, the forecast is looking great for the weekend.

The pictures above are from a fire station tour we did two weekends ago... it's just been that long since I updated my blog. The kids loved climbing on all the trucks, and the firefighters even raised up the big ladder for us. We've had amazing weather pretty much every weekend, so we've been spending lots of time outdoors. Brandon's soccer wrapped up on Saturday, complete with a little medal ceremony, so that was good fun. The boys started their next level of swim lessons last week, and we are now going two afternoons a week. I like going in the afternoon actually because those days just fly by... as soon as they finish quiet time, we throw on suits and hit the road. Boy, are the boys tired by the time we get home though - they just lay comatose on the sofa while I throw together dinner.

Let's see, what else is new? Brandon has had a ton of birthday parties lately, including a drop-off one, which felt kind of strange. I just put my cell phone number in his pocket and told him I'd see him in a couple hours. I'm not used to dropping him off anywhere but school, but it felt kind of nice! He only has this week and next left of school - wow, has this year flown by. I'm looking forward to the more leisurely summer hours we maintain... no more rushing to get the whole family ready and snacks packed and sunscreen applied and out the door by 8:45am.

So, I am launching a new approach to house-cleaning this week. My current approach is that I just don't clean... but that's not working out as well as I would like. My new system is that I clean one area each day - Tuesdays are dusting and sweeping, Wednesdays are bathrooms, Thursdays are for the kitchen, and Friday for general picking up of toys and organizing. I've tried this plan before but haven't stuck with it, but this time I think I've ironed out some of the kinks. Ask me in a couple weeks, and we'll see if it sticks. I'm hoping that now that I've reached the end of my reign as moms club president, I will have a bit more free time to do things like take care of the house. And update this site!

No comments: