Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Three: Not So Bad

I just finished my third night of putting the boys together solo... not so bad. We kept very busy today. We were out of the house by 9am to meet up with Trish and her girls, and then after that, we went to the library. We were home for about 90 minutes before we left again to drop off the boys at Sheri-Lynne's so that I could go for a rbike ride. After that, it was home and time for dinner! I feel like the kids are going to be exhausted by the time Chad does get home because I'm going crazy filling our days! They had less than an hour for quiet time today, so both boys keep telling me all these things they didn't get to today that they are saving for tomorrow. Brandon is really jonesing to work on a drawing of a coral reef that he has in mind, and Parker has some serious train business to attend to in his room - something about engines with no tenders but extra coaches.

So, for the third day in a row, it was raining all day. Blah, I'm so sick of this awful weather we have been having for the past three weeks now. We are supposed to get some glimpses of sun on Thursday and then by Saturday, it is supposed to dry out and warm up. I can't wait I just saw in the local news that the average temperature for June this year is 62 degrees!! That's about 10 degrees lower than normal. Wow. I haven't been to our pool once, and it's been open for a month now. So, yes, it was pretty much pouring for my bike ride today, but since I had already asked Sheri-Lynne to babysit, I decided to go for it anyway. I was one wet lady by the time I finished up, but at least I got a bit of time to myself. And to maintain my training schedule, which is clearly of the utmost importance. And because it was actively pouring rain for my whole ride, I didn't have to worry about cleaning any grime off my bike - mother nature washed it all away.

I going to pump some iron now before going to bed. Brandon was up early this morning, so I'm tired.

No comments: