Friday, January 9, 2009

Weekend!!

So glad that it's the weekend! The first post-holiday work week is over - it can only get better from here. Not that it was a particularly bad week, just long and tiring. We had a fun day today, though. Brandon had school this morning, and Parker and I started this gym/music class together. Usually, I'm not so into doing classes because I don't like being locked into being somewhere and I usually find them to be a bit ba-ba-boring as a parent. But, this one was dirt-cheap because it's brand new AND it's only 3 blocks from my house AND three of my friends were enrolling. Couldn't pass that up. So, it was fun - Parker liked it, and I got to chat with my friends. It ended by 10am, so everyone came back to my house to play before preschool pick-up time. So, I think that will be a fun way to spend Friday mornings for the winter. 

One of my friends in the class is Sheri-Lynne, and she delivered the amazing news that she and her family are able to stay here and do not have to hightail it back to Canada. I am so relieved!! I was really, really dreading the idea of her leaving and was totally in denial that it was a very real possibility. I'm so, so happy. We moved from Brookline as soon as I started making mom friends there, and I've only been able to keep a relationship going with one of my old friends. So, now that I've made some good friends here, I do not want anyone going anywhere!

Anyway, back to my day, the afternoon flew by also because the boys and I made oatmeal cookies to take to Ellen's tomorrow night for dessert. As a matter of quality control, the boys and I had to sample them today... two big thumbs up... you really can't go wrong with 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup of sugar and various other ingredients, baked together. I also made fajitas for dinner, so it was a big cooking afternoon for me. Fun though. Something about wintertime, I just love cooking. I tried out two new recipes for dinner this week (one of them was this delicious indian stew that is a definite keeper), and I made big dinners every other night, too. We are eating well around here. Which is good because in the summertime, there is an awful lot of spaghetti or pancake dinners showing up on the menu around here. 

We are getting another 7-10 inches tomorrow night into Sunday morning. Seems like we have been getting a significant snowstorm every week this winter. I guess that's New England for ya. I'm a bit concerned that I'm not going to be able to get to my favorite Sunday morning spin class though, since that's when the snow is supposed to be heaviest. And that would stink. I look forward to it all week. Whatareyagonnado.

No comments: