Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blah Blah Blah

Nothing much new to report this week, which is why I haven't written anything. I was trying to save up for something exciting, but apparently, we'll all just have to make do with whatever I can come up with. We got a crazy snow / ice / rain storm yesterday that caused Brandon's school to be canceled, but with my handy 4WheelDrive, it posed no problems to our getting around. In fact, I was out quite a bit yesterday. I had my MOMS Club Board Meeting last night, which was really fun, but I didn't get home till around 9:15am... 8  hours later, I was leaving the house for the gym. I was like, "Wait, I just got back!" I'm sleepy today but determined to not take it out on my kids! This is my goal (okay, it's been my goal for a while, but I'm really focused on it now) - not to take my frustrations or exhaustion out on the kids. I mean, if I want to make myself get up hours earlier than I need to so that I can exercise, then my kids shouldn't have to pay for it by being stuck with a grumpy mom! I think I'm pretty good most of the time, but I do get frustrated sometimes when trying to get the kids out the door by a certain time in the morning and they are running away and being crazy. Or if I'm trying to get something done and they keep interrupting - those are pretty much my two triggers for getting annoyed. Anyway, I'm trying to carry over my calm, relaxed attitude from the holidays to our every day life.  On the plus side, my workouts this off-season are going really well. I'm really enjoying myself at the gym every morning - I feel really strong and motivated. 

Brandon was so exhausted last night at dinner that he barely ate... resulting in him eating this for breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, half a bagel, a big bowl of fruit (banana, apple, pear, blackberries, raspberries, grapes), and a small bowl of cereal. Wow. I had just run 6 miles, and I didn't eat that much. Parker ate just about the same as Brandon. Breakfast in our house takes a good 45-minutes because the kids just wake up so hungry! It's crazy. I am truly amazed on a daily basis by how much those boys can put away. How do their tiny little stomachs hold it all?

It's been kind of a challenging week around here, I would say. Chad and I are trying to get back in the groove of getting up early every morning after two weeks of lazing around. He has 8am meetings at least three days a week, which means he leaves the house around 6:45am. And then he's been working at home in the evenings after we put the kids to bed. So, it's just felt very busy, like our days have been very long. His team also looks like it will be going through some lay-offs later this month, so that's pretty stressful. We just need to get back in the groove. I tell ya, I had a taste of heaven, and it was those two weeks of vacation. Sigh. 50 more weeks and we'll be back there again. 

No comments: