Monday, February 7, 2011

Bronchitis Sucking My Life Force

I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV. This has not stopped me from using webmd to make a self-diagnosis of bronchitis. I came down with a mild cold on Monday and felt fine until the end of the week when a nasty cough starting kicking in - the kind where you have to sleep propped up so that you can actually sleep and not cough all night. Saturday night, I was wheezing with a very tight chest and had a low fever. That was the worst of it, but I still feel more tired than usual and can't exert myself in anyway without feeling a bit out of breath and a bit wheezy. Think of me panting after carrying the laundry up the stairs. It's like the Bizarro World Beth where I just lay around all morning and nap while the kids are in school instead of sweating to the oldies at the gym. Chad has pointed out to me that perhaps if I took more days off from the gym when I didn't feel well, then maybe my cold wouldn't become bronchitis. He may have a point there, and I'll try to remember that the next time I come down with a cold, which judging from this winter will be in about another 4 weeks.

The good news is that besides a couple inches of snow tomorrow, there are no storms in our 7-day forecast!! Whohoo!! This is literally the first week we've had without a major storm since the kids started back to school in early January. Perhaps spring will one day arrive after all! But, there are a ton of schools, buildings and even malls close to us that are closed because either their roofs have collapsed or they are in danger of collapsing. We got rain on Saturday night, and it made all that snow sitting on flat roofs just that much heavier. Luckily, my kids' schools are unaffected but some of my friend's kids didn't have school today because the roof needed to be cleared first. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be as a parent to finally have our first week in so long without a snow day, only to have school canceled because of the snow on the roof causing a dangerous situation. Ugh.

No comments: